This weekend is the one time within my pre summer holiday prep that I will allow my eyes to be bigger than my belly. Why you ask? Well its Kiltr’s Street Food Festival!!!
Running over the whole weekend of the 20th of July, from 4pm to 11pm, Social Media site Kiltr has troweled the city for the best Foody Venders in the business, as well as a host of beers and other drinks from local breweries and live music to top off the festivities. Key word for me about the Festival? Local. Here are some of the lucky guys who made the Kiltr Cut:
– Sea food delights with The Finnieston
– A taste of Vietnam with the Hanoi Bike Shop
– A gourmet selection of Scottish cuisine with Stravaigin
– Kimchi Cult, a London based Korean-Style fast food
– Indian flavours with Babu Bombay Street Kitchen
– Caribbean style celebrations with Babylon Roots Kitchen
– Selection of smoked favourites from Smokey and the Bandit
– A pop-up cocktail bar, craft beer bar and The Chip Wine Club
– A Dear Green Coffee Roasters stall
I love that it is being held around the amazing Glasgow institution that is Barras Art and Design Centre (or BAAD to the locals!). I’ve been to a few nights out here and every one is more memorable than the next. A great space with a lot of energy, I cant wait to see how it looks with the amazing smell of food, a local gin in my hand and toe tapping around some of the most creative folk of the city – hiya Obscure Couture! The event is completely free entry and you can find out some more information here or on the Kiltr Facebook Page. Spot the Orange haired burd who actually will be eating all the pies….